One New Man

God is living and active!  He is speaking and leading us every step of "The Way".  We have the mind of Christ and can learn to hear Him.  "The Way" is in God's Word.  All of the answers of life are in there and every direction has its root there.
His Word is so deep.  I am a scientist by training and by trade, so I like to use scientific analogies from time to time.  Fractals come to mind when I think of God's Word.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_GBwuYuOOs&noredirect=1
The more you seek Him the more you'll find Him!
What I'm about to describe is what He has been revealing to me in this season.
Here is what God's Word tells us about who we are in Christ.  Romans 11:17

"But some of these branches from Abraham's tree--some of the people of Israel--have been broken off. And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God's special olive tree."

Grafting is a horticultural technique whereby tissues from one plant are inserted into those of another so that the two sets of vascular tissues may join together. This vascular joining is called inosculation.
In most cases, one plant is selected for its roots and this is called the stock or rootstock. The other plant is selected for its stems, leaves, flowers, or fruits and is called the scion. The scion contains the desired genes to be duplicated in future production by the stock/scion plant.

I find it fascinating that the grafted in branch, the one that is producing fruit, the one that has strong and blessed roots is called scion (meaning a descendant).  Throughout God's Word you'll hear a very similar sounding word that He talks about, Zion.  Zion is defined as:
a hill in Jerusalem, on which the Temple was built (used to symbolize the city itself, especially as a religious or spiritual center).
God has created a tree.  A tree with Jewish roots.  A tree that believes and whose actions show that Jesus is the messiah (Christians).  This tree is the new man that God intended us to be from the foundation of the world.  A new man with no distinction between Jews and Christians.  The veil has been torn and we all have access to the Father, rooted in Judaism and completed in Christ.  Amen.

Comments

  1. I'm glad there is no distinction between Jew and gentile , scientist and electrician . I'm praying that I would produce fruit and bear those attributes that are given to me through the power of the Holy Spirit .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mighty Men

Redemption