Mighty Men
What does it mean to be a man? What does it mean to be a Godly man? What do they think about? How do they behave? What do they believe? What do they do? These are the thoughts that have been resting in my spirit over the last year or so (off and on) and I thought that I was doing well, until...
My wife and I (mostly my wife) homeschool our kids. She is so inspiring to me. She's really thrown away what she has learned that was not the truth and engaged in the batlle for the hearts of our kids. Superwoman! A shining example of Provebs 31. We moved away from our hometown. We changed what we believe (by that I mean, we were both brought up Catholic. However, we go to a Non-denomination church now, but even in that there is a distiction. We read the Bible and do what it says, sometimes even despite what we've been taught.) Sometimes it feels like its just us against the world and its true. We're separating from the crowd. We're standing alone and in that, it is my job to be out in front. That is the role of a man. Protect, defend, lead, carry, direct. So here is what happened.
Things get very intense from time to time. We doubt our direction. We get weary and we begin to believe things that just aren't true! This was happening on that particular day a few weeks back. I came home and you could feel the tension. The kids were not listening well. School was not going well that day. People were about to visit. We had places to go and things to do. Let's just say teamwork and fellowship were not at the front of our minds. My wife began to tell me about the details of the day. I find it very easy to put myself in someone else's shoes. So I was doing that with my wife. I empathized with her. I sympathized with her and I was being her shoulder to cry on. I thought that I was doing a good job being the man and leader to my wife, but something was missing. I didn't say much during that conversation, but later as I thought/prayed about it, the words came. So I wrote my wife an e-mail. It was truth. It was filled with scripture. It was encouraging. When she read it, the reaction I expected did not come out. I could tell that she was frustrated. She said to me, "I noticed that you write to me alot. Why don't you talk???? I need to hear this out loud. I need to be encouraged. I need to hear the truth, in the moment." The Holy Spirit was speaking through her . I felt convicted but not like a sword to the heart. It was more like a pruning shear. In that instant, we both knew that she was 150% right!
This wasn't a new problem. Like Solomon says, "There is nothing new under the sun." I wasn't the 1st one to do this. It all started with Adam.
Gen 3:6 KJV - And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Wait a minute! She gave some to her husband. Adam was there the whole time! He was standing with Eve while the Devil deceived her and yet he said nothing. Just like me.
What about Eli? He also kept his mouth shut. His kids grew away from God. The messed up their relationship and eternally hurt themselves. Eli knew that they had drifted away and did not say anything.
Why don't we speak? Why don't we encourage? We have the mind of Christ. We have the Holy Spirit within us. Why don't we act like the men that I am supposed to be, Godly, full of power, Ambassadors of Love, leaders of our homes.
From that realization things began to change. It was like the lightbulb came on and I could see what was around me. I could see the battle. My mind has been re-wired. Here is how I am practically being a man, a Mighty Man.
I now speak words of encouragement no matter what seems to be going on in the moment. I get up early in the morning before anyone wakes up and I pray over my family. I pray for their hearts and their minds to be filled with the knowledge of Christ. I pray that they will be flooded with light. I bind up anything that isn't from God and cast it out of my HOUSE! When we are together, I show my family that there is nothing more important than connecting with God the Father, Jesus his son and the Holy Spirit. I engage the enemy head on, knowing who I am in Christ and thrusting the sword of the Spirit into the heart of the enemies around me and destroy the Gates of Hell!
Rise up mighty men! Take back your wives! Take back your children! Take back your homes! Know who you are and engage in the battle!
"Be strong in the Lord and in the Power of His Might!"
My wife and I (mostly my wife) homeschool our kids. She is so inspiring to me. She's really thrown away what she has learned that was not the truth and engaged in the batlle for the hearts of our kids. Superwoman! A shining example of Provebs 31. We moved away from our hometown. We changed what we believe (by that I mean, we were both brought up Catholic. However, we go to a Non-denomination church now, but even in that there is a distiction. We read the Bible and do what it says, sometimes even despite what we've been taught.) Sometimes it feels like its just us against the world and its true. We're separating from the crowd. We're standing alone and in that, it is my job to be out in front. That is the role of a man. Protect, defend, lead, carry, direct. So here is what happened.
Things get very intense from time to time. We doubt our direction. We get weary and we begin to believe things that just aren't true! This was happening on that particular day a few weeks back. I came home and you could feel the tension. The kids were not listening well. School was not going well that day. People were about to visit. We had places to go and things to do. Let's just say teamwork and fellowship were not at the front of our minds. My wife began to tell me about the details of the day. I find it very easy to put myself in someone else's shoes. So I was doing that with my wife. I empathized with her. I sympathized with her and I was being her shoulder to cry on. I thought that I was doing a good job being the man and leader to my wife, but something was missing. I didn't say much during that conversation, but later as I thought/prayed about it, the words came. So I wrote my wife an e-mail. It was truth. It was filled with scripture. It was encouraging. When she read it, the reaction I expected did not come out. I could tell that she was frustrated. She said to me, "I noticed that you write to me alot. Why don't you talk???? I need to hear this out loud. I need to be encouraged. I need to hear the truth, in the moment." The Holy Spirit was speaking through her . I felt convicted but not like a sword to the heart. It was more like a pruning shear. In that instant, we both knew that she was 150% right!
This wasn't a new problem. Like Solomon says, "There is nothing new under the sun." I wasn't the 1st one to do this. It all started with Adam.
Gen 3:6 KJV - And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Wait a minute! She gave some to her husband. Adam was there the whole time! He was standing with Eve while the Devil deceived her and yet he said nothing. Just like me.
What about Eli? He also kept his mouth shut. His kids grew away from God. The messed up their relationship and eternally hurt themselves. Eli knew that they had drifted away and did not say anything.
Why don't we speak? Why don't we encourage? We have the mind of Christ. We have the Holy Spirit within us. Why don't we act like the men that I am supposed to be, Godly, full of power, Ambassadors of Love, leaders of our homes.
From that realization things began to change. It was like the lightbulb came on and I could see what was around me. I could see the battle. My mind has been re-wired. Here is how I am practically being a man, a Mighty Man.
I now speak words of encouragement no matter what seems to be going on in the moment. I get up early in the morning before anyone wakes up and I pray over my family. I pray for their hearts and their minds to be filled with the knowledge of Christ. I pray that they will be flooded with light. I bind up anything that isn't from God and cast it out of my HOUSE! When we are together, I show my family that there is nothing more important than connecting with God the Father, Jesus his son and the Holy Spirit. I engage the enemy head on, knowing who I am in Christ and thrusting the sword of the Spirit into the heart of the enemies around me and destroy the Gates of Hell!
Rise up mighty men! Take back your wives! Take back your children! Take back your homes! Know who you are and engage in the battle!
"Be strong in the Lord and in the Power of His Might!"
Comments
Post a Comment