Playing Tag with Jesus

What would life be like if I really believed?  By really, I mean fully.  Fully enough to act upon it... all the time.  The song, "What Life Would be Like" - by Big Daddy Weave is dead center bulls eye on my feelings about this.

I wish I was more of a man
Have you ever felt that way
And if I had to tell you the truth
I'm afraid I'd have to say
That after all I've done and failed to do
I feel like less than I was meant to be
And what if I could fix myself
Maybe then I could get free
I could try to be somebody else
Whose much better off than me
But I need to remember this
That it's when I'm at my weakest
I can clearly see

He made the lame walk
And the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits
While His heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like
If we let Jesus live through you and me

What if you could see yourself
Through another pair of eyes
What if you could hear the truth
Instead of old familiar lies
And what if you could feel inside

The power of the hand that made the universe
You realize

He made the lame walk
And the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits
While this heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like
If we let Jesus live through you and me

All our hearts they burn with in us
All our lives we've longed for more
So let us lay our lives before the one
Who gave His life for us

He made the lame walk
And the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits
While this heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like
If we let Jesus live through you and me

I've got several good things going on.  I'm leading a Bible Study at work.  I've pulled together a Prayer group there also.  Monthly, my wife and I get together and pray with our closest friends too.  They are all wonderful things to do, but I'm discontented.  It's not enough.  Because I feel God pulling me away.  It's like He is saying, "Tag, You're it!  Come out of that boat and get me!"  The comfort of the boat is the comfort of my Christian friends that believe like me.  It's easy to talk to them.  It's safe.  But Jesus is saying, "I'm running from you.  I will allow you to catch me.  Are you willing?"  

You see, I know that my life was meant for more.  I know that God created me to usher in change.  He has made me an agent of change.  However, to do that I have to continually and periodically go to places with Him that I have never been.  I can't lead somewhere until I've been there myself.

So for a season this is what I want to do.  I'm still going to pray on a monthly basis with my friends.  However, I'm laying the Bible study and the Prayer group aside.  With the extra time, I'm going to run after Jesus outside of my boat!  He is out with the people that I am in contact with.  I'm going to put on my ambassador's mantle, believe that I am a son, and look for opportunity to love people.

One task:
Luke 9:2
Then he sent them out to tell everyone about the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mighty Men

Redemption