1st Steps to Spiritual Boldness
This journey started with two words that sunk into my spirit, Spiritual Boldness. God did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power of love and a sound mind. However, this calling was a 180 degree shift from the way that I saw myself. Several years ago, I was plagued by anxiety attacks. It was crippling. My heart would race. I would become red in the face. All I could do was look for a way to run. I couldn't speak to people (at all). One-on-one or in front of a group. It was incredibly scary, but...
How I saw myself and how God sees me ARE different. God showed me scripture upon scripture that revealed how He sees me. I am a warrior, a son of thunder, an ambassador, a mighty man of God, heir to the throne, co-heirs with Christ, adopted as His child, spotless, blameless, righteous and I have been given the authority that Christ won for us all! I chose to believe God and fight against how I felt. From the second that decision entered my mind and I was resolved to do it, I never had another anxiety attack! "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Praise God!
Also, I had been contemplating this scripture:
Jhn 20:21 NKJV - So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you."
What does this mean? What does Spiritual Boldness have to do with this scripture? What was God trying to tell me? These were the questions that I was wrestling with.
So, why was Jesus sent? I needed to answer this because now Jesus was sending me to do the same thing (as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.)
Now, as I read the word of God, I'm searching for the mission of Jesus.
Isa 61:1 NKJV says this about Jesus, "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
Awesome. This is one of the reasons the Father sent Jesus, therefore I have the same mission. Yet not me, but Christ that lives in me. I have no power in and of myself, but Christ in me is the hope of glory. I had to somehow make myself believe these words by choosing to do so. It all hinged on an abiding relationship with Jesus, but how do I know that I have an abiding relationship? 1 John 3:24 gave me evidence that I abide with the King by stating, "...And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us."
This I know, I have the spirit of God on me. Reflecting back on my life, I recalled so many encounters with the Holy Spirit. I'll write in the next post some examples of the testimony that God has given me and reveal to all that read this, the Holy Spirit living and active in my life.
How I saw myself and how God sees me ARE different. God showed me scripture upon scripture that revealed how He sees me. I am a warrior, a son of thunder, an ambassador, a mighty man of God, heir to the throne, co-heirs with Christ, adopted as His child, spotless, blameless, righteous and I have been given the authority that Christ won for us all! I chose to believe God and fight against how I felt. From the second that decision entered my mind and I was resolved to do it, I never had another anxiety attack! "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Praise God!
Also, I had been contemplating this scripture:
Jhn 20:21 NKJV - So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you."
What does this mean? What does Spiritual Boldness have to do with this scripture? What was God trying to tell me? These were the questions that I was wrestling with.
So, why was Jesus sent? I needed to answer this because now Jesus was sending me to do the same thing (as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.)
Now, as I read the word of God, I'm searching for the mission of Jesus.
Isa 61:1 NKJV says this about Jesus, "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
Awesome. This is one of the reasons the Father sent Jesus, therefore I have the same mission. Yet not me, but Christ that lives in me. I have no power in and of myself, but Christ in me is the hope of glory. I had to somehow make myself believe these words by choosing to do so. It all hinged on an abiding relationship with Jesus, but how do I know that I have an abiding relationship? 1 John 3:24 gave me evidence that I abide with the King by stating, "...And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us."
This I know, I have the spirit of God on me. Reflecting back on my life, I recalled so many encounters with the Holy Spirit. I'll write in the next post some examples of the testimony that God has given me and reveal to all that read this, the Holy Spirit living and active in my life.
Comments
Post a Comment