The Elephant and the Mouse

Did you ever wonder how people crash after such victory?  I always did, that is until it happened to me.  I was riding high.  I just experienced the most powerful display of God's physical touch that I had ever seen (see the post entitled, Fire in the Palm of my Hand) and then it completely vaporized...
Remember that old Warner Brothers cartoon of the giant elephant parading around while a very tiny mouse sneaks out near him?  Once the elephant catches a glimpse of that mouse, fear grips him and he runs in terror screaming like a teenage girl.  Funny, but not if you are the elephant.  How could something so small move something that large?
I'm still asking myself that question but here is what happened.
After I prayed for Sue's total recovery and God showed up, I prayed for Roxanne.  I was confident that God would show up.  Why wouldn't he?  I just saw him change Sue's life and mine.  Why would he not meet Roxy?  Roxy had a problem with her ankle.  I could feel my hand burning again.  Roxy and I prayed and ...  Nothing happened.  What was going on?  I was sure that God was there. 
Confusion set in.  I felt fear grip me again.  I was on the run and after a couple of days I quit praying for people all together.
This has to be a test.  But what is the lesson to be learned.
I'm not sure how to articulate it at this point but one word echoes in my mind, Shine!
I hear it everywhere, on the radio, in sermons, in song, in the Word, everywhere. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mighty Men

Myth or Fact??? Deception