The Struggle
Been a while since I last wrote and defeat was on my mind the last time. Nothing has changed. But I do know what I'm doing or should I say not doing that is getting in the way of God. I'm believing a lot of lies and not believing enough truth. The battlefield is all in my mind. Which seed will I choose to deposit in my soul? Lie or truth?
Reminds me of that scene in The Matrix when Morpheus is offering either the blue pill or the red pill to Neo. It's all up to Neo. He gets to decide. One unlocks the Kingdom, the other keeps you in the dark. Which will you choose?
Ok, so that is alot of visual and no practicality. Here's an example: from my last post you get the idea that I'm talking "myself" out of speaking for God and praying for people. I was at a place where I wasn't seeing results, my desire was fading and I was confused. So I began to not think about spreading the word as much until it wasn't at the forefront of my mind and eventually it wasn't there at all. I sewed the seed of lies. I took the wrong pill.
The Bible says this: "Eph 5:15-16 NIV - Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
"Making the most of every opportunity. Thinking about speaking the Kingdom, alot. Thinking about it so much that it is at the front of my mind and then following through and doing it. This is the seed of truth. I needed to take this pill instead.
Jesus put this word right in front of me so that it would stop me in my tracks. I walked into the 1st floor powder room in my house and there is a calendar there on the vanity. It's one of those calendars that has quotes in it for inspiration. I started the day in the bathroom and the 1st thing that I read was, Eph 5:16-17 - make the most of every opportunity. Be wise and understand what the will of God is.
If that wasn't enough, God really wanted me to stop and listen. Immediately after reading this verse, I went out to my living room to do some reading before bed. I picked up a book that I haven't read in months. I thought that I should skim through the chapters that I'd previously read and then push on through. As I opened the pages and began reading, the 1st scripture quoted was Eph 5:16-17. Whoa, twice in 5 minutes. Really... That got my attention.
You see the Bible also says this:
Psa 119:105 NIV - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
God's will is within His book. His truth directs my paths. It gives direction.
Pro 4:20 NLT - My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words.
Pro 4:21 NLT - Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart,
Pro 4:22 NLT - for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.
Pro 4:23 NLT - Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Pro 4:24 NLT - Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech.
Pro 4:25 NLT - Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
Pro 4:26 NLT - Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.
Pro 4:27 NLT - Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.
His word gives continued correction and provide focus.
It's time to take the pill of truth, sew good seed and follow it up with action. Time to return to speaking about the Kingdom, introducing people to Jesus, and acting in the authority that I have because "Christ in me is the Hope of Glory"!
Reminds me of that scene in The Matrix when Morpheus is offering either the blue pill or the red pill to Neo. It's all up to Neo. He gets to decide. One unlocks the Kingdom, the other keeps you in the dark. Which will you choose?
Ok, so that is alot of visual and no practicality. Here's an example: from my last post you get the idea that I'm talking "myself" out of speaking for God and praying for people. I was at a place where I wasn't seeing results, my desire was fading and I was confused. So I began to not think about spreading the word as much until it wasn't at the forefront of my mind and eventually it wasn't there at all. I sewed the seed of lies. I took the wrong pill.
The Bible says this: "Eph 5:15-16 NIV - Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
"Making the most of every opportunity. Thinking about speaking the Kingdom, alot. Thinking about it so much that it is at the front of my mind and then following through and doing it. This is the seed of truth. I needed to take this pill instead.
Jesus put this word right in front of me so that it would stop me in my tracks. I walked into the 1st floor powder room in my house and there is a calendar there on the vanity. It's one of those calendars that has quotes in it for inspiration. I started the day in the bathroom and the 1st thing that I read was, Eph 5:16-17 - make the most of every opportunity. Be wise and understand what the will of God is.
If that wasn't enough, God really wanted me to stop and listen. Immediately after reading this verse, I went out to my living room to do some reading before bed. I picked up a book that I haven't read in months. I thought that I should skim through the chapters that I'd previously read and then push on through. As I opened the pages and began reading, the 1st scripture quoted was Eph 5:16-17. Whoa, twice in 5 minutes. Really... That got my attention.
You see the Bible also says this:
Psa 119:105 NIV - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
God's will is within His book. His truth directs my paths. It gives direction.
Pro 4:20 NLT - My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words.
Pro 4:21 NLT - Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart,
Pro 4:22 NLT - for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.
Pro 4:23 NLT - Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Pro 4:24 NLT - Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech.
Pro 4:25 NLT - Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
Pro 4:26 NLT - Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.
Pro 4:27 NLT - Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.
His word gives continued correction and provide focus.
It's time to take the pill of truth, sew good seed and follow it up with action. Time to return to speaking about the Kingdom, introducing people to Jesus, and acting in the authority that I have because "Christ in me is the Hope of Glory"!
Comments
Post a Comment