Unbelief and MisIdentity

I haven't written in a while.  Nothing to report.  That's not right.  Something should be new everyday.  So, I've been stuck.  Stuck since my last post.  I've CHOSEN to be stuck because of two reasons, Unbelief and Mis-Identity.  Here's what got me:

Jam 1:23-24 NKJV - For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.

I've forgotten who I am.  The Bible speaks alot about who we are in Christ, what He has attained for us, how we should now act because of this, and what we should "do".  But, just as I would look into a mirror and turning away I can't remember exactly what I look like, so I looked into the Word and not continuing in my reading/relationship as I should have I forgot who I am.

This is what the Bible says that I am:

Jhn 1:14 NKJV - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.


So Jesus is the Word that became flesh right.

Rom 8:29 NKJV - For whom He foreknew, He also predestined [to be] conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.


We are being conformed to His image right.

Rom 12:2 NKJV - And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what [is] that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

So be reading the Word (daily - relentlessly, passionately), the way I think is renewed.  The way I act because I believe the way I think is also changed.  I therefore think the Word of God and do the will of God and become the Word of God just like Jesus.

Because I have faith in Him, He inhabits me.  I am made a son.  I am now His mouthpiece, His hands and feet, His ambassador of love, His vessel, His temple for the Holy Spirit, a light shining in the darkness!

Jhn 20:21 NKJV - So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you."

This is who I really am.  This is who you really are.  WE ARE WORLD CHANGERS!  (Just like Jesus) This is what I need to believe (daily - relentlessly, passionately) by His word so I continually look into the mirror and not forget who I am.  When the Father sees me, He sees Jesus.  I should be acting like I see Him too.  That is who I am.

So listen, I was sitting at my desk thinking about praying for my fellow co-workers.  I used to walk around the cubicles praying for the people I work with.  I haven't done that in a while, so I decided to make it a habit again.  I typically pray for the same thing as I walk, "God reveal yourself in this place.  Show your love to these people so that they will grow closer to you."  Then the still small voice hit me.

"I will not reveal myself to these people unless it is through you."

It stopped me in my tracks.  It's so good.  As I prayed through this, here is what came to mind.  Think about what I've just written.  We are the vessels, the ambassadors, the light of the world, the salt of the earth, and His hands and feet.  This is the way He has designed it.  We are to be the catalyst.  Be involved.

Rom 10:14 NKJV - How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

Luk 10:9 NKJV - "And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
Luk 9:2 NKJV - He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
Mat 4:17 NKJV - From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Mat 10:7 NKJV - "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

The Holy Spirit lives inside of me.  The one that created all things and holds all things together, the living God.  If I don't let Him out, what good is it for anyone else?

Time to get back on my horse, start believing what the Bible says and living out the word until I am transformed into His image and become the Word of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mighty Men

Redemption