Panera David

I went out after work for a night with my friend(s).  My plans fell through so I was alone.  Not knowing what to do with myself, I decided to go to Panera Bread for some dinner, Bible study, conversation with God and reaching out in prayer to people.  While I was there, I encountered a hearing impaired person named David.  He could not read lips so we were able to talk by typing on my computer.  As a result, I have a record of our conversation.  Inadvertently genius. 
Here is what happened:
Brandon: I know  that your friend had to leave, do you want to talk with Me?
Other guy:What can I do for you today?
Brandon: My name is Brandon.  What is yours?
Other guy: My name is David. 
Brandon:Nice to meet you David.  Do you work at RIT?
David: I am a student there. 
Brandon: What are you studying?
David: Multidisciplinary studies.
Barndon: What does that mean?
David: Double Study. I have two majors in Civil   Surveying Engineering and Deaf Studies. 
Brandon: My father is taking classes in sign language.  (David smiles)
Brandon:  I have been doing some studying myself.  I was just reading this:
Mar 16:17-18 NLT - These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won't hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed."
What do you think this means?
David:  I THINK THAT IT MEANS THAT IF WE LOOK AT SNAKE’S CROSS WE WILL BE HEALED IN OLD TESTAMENT.
Brandon: Are you a believer in Jesus?
David: Yes.
Brandon:  So what do you think this means?
Jhn 20:21 NLT – Again he said, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.”
David: THANK YOU!  (I was confused by David's answer so I kept talking.)
Brandon: I THINK THAT IT MEANS THAT WE HAVE THE SAME MISSION THAT JESUS DID.  DO YOU?
David: I THINK SO.


Brandon: So this is what I am trying to do in my life.  I want to read the Bible, show that I love God, and do what it says.   I came here to Panera to study and pray for people.  Can I pray for you?
David: Sure
Brandon: I am going to ask Jesus to heal your hearing.  Is there anything else that you want me to pray for?
David:  I am just glad for what I have now.  You can pray for me that I may have a new cochlear implant according to God’s will.  (I guestured and asked if I could put my hand on his shoulder.)
Brandon: Prayer…..Can you hear anything?
David: No.
David:  Thank you so much for your prayer for me.
Brandon: Thank you for letting me.  It seems very weird to most people.
Brandon:  David:  From the Hebrew name (Dawid), which was probably derived from Hebrew meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings.  David, I know that you are so valued in God’s eyes and in mine.  I will keep you in my prayers and I know that God will open them up.
Thank you for talking with me.  I had a great time.  May I send you off with this prayer:  (David nods)
Eph 1:17-20 asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called--his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power
that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms.
 End of conversation.


I did not see Jesus heal David.  But the Kingdom of Heaven was discussed and God's words will not return void!

Comments

  1. Now you're really starting to walk similar to those saints that are mentioned in the book of Acts . Just remember that it's not the results that we look for but the joy and fulfillment come in the steps of obedience to the voice of the holy spirit . contentment comes not in the result of the prayer(healing the hearing impaired) but with the eyes of faith knowing that His word never , ever comes back void , but accomplishes that which He has sent it to do ; contentment knowing that we have actually heard the still small voice of the holy spirit , have acted on that prompting by faith , and walked away realizing that the encounter that we just had was a direct result of an intimate relationship with creator of the universe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mighty Men

Redemption