The Kingdom of Heaven is Near to You
God has been teaching me about our relationship over the past few months. He is revealing to me the interactions that He desires to have in me (and in you). After the cross, the door to Heaven opens above us so that we can be used to carry His Glory to this world. The Holy Spirit resides deep inside and it is our duty to trust in His word with belief and action in order to create a place for His glory to land and therefore Heaven to collide with Earth. It is not enough to just believe. We must act, rather enact our faith, knowing who He created us to be (SUPERNATURAL). This reality must sink deep into our being until it cannot be separated from our own understanding and thoughts. By stepping out in faith that Christ in us is the Hope of Glory, miracles will happen. The Bible says they will.
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that Ido shall he do also; and greater worksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
I want to take this opportunity to share some of the times when the Almighty, the great I AM landed on the Glory platform that I built by faith on He that is in me.
The Raven
Years ago as I was just beginning to understand that God speaks and that He uses us to reach people, I had a co-worker and fellow believer that would share things that were going on in her life. Her sister was involved with Indian mystecism. She had grown her hair out long. She changed her name to an Indian name. She move away from family and friends. She cut off all communication with her family for over 2 years. She was deeply pursuing the supernatural through the WRONG path. We all have a deep desire for things that are supernatural. God created us in His image. We long to "walk" with God all of our lives, but we try to fill that void with other things and pursue the supernatural aspect of God by the wrong means. I was learning that God desires for us to reveal knowledge about Him to this world. This is called the prophetic. The apostle Paul encourages us to desire the spiritual gift of prophecy over all others.
Believing this scripture, I asked God to give me some words to say to my friend about her sister that was involved in Indian mystecism. I sat with pen and paper and began to write any thoughts that came into my head. Here is what crossed my mind...
"Beware of the raven and his evil eye. He stalks you in the night."
I had no idea what I had just written but in faith, I shared this with my friend. Without my knowledge, my friend called her sister and read the message on her answering machine. She let her know that people where praying for her and the she wanted so desperately to talk with her again. He sister called her back that day, after two years of silence! Praise God! My friends sister shared with her that she called because of the prophetic word that was left on her answering machine. She shared that the Raven was a central god in Indian mystecism (Native American). Additionally, the "evil eye" is well know in paganism. It means to intentionally cause harm through means of witchcraft. Neither I nor my friend knew any of this at the time I wrote down those thoughts and she left that phone message. Taking the knowledge that we just learned the phone message meant this:
"Beware of the god of the Native Americans that you've been messing with. He is seeking to cause you harm through means of witchcraft!"
That word that was given to me by the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ who is in me broke my friend's sister out of Indian mystecism. To God be the Glory!
Curse of No Effect
We are protected by the God of Peace who is within us. His presence shields us from harm in ways that we probably mis everyday. Here is one example of how he protected me and let me know it.
I was standing on the sidewalk in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan with my father-in-law and his cousin. We were talking outside of some stores where are wives were shopping. During part of our discussion, I saw a woman, way off in the distance coming toward us. She was carrying multiple shopping bags. She was dressed in a long blouse and skirt and she had one of those Jamaican, "Bob Marley" style hats on. Nothing about her seemed unusual to me at all. So we continued with our conversation and she faded from my sight. I did not notice her again until she was only a few feet from us. As she approached, she walked passed my father-in-law, then his cousin and then as she came near to me, she stopped. We were standing shoulder to shoulder (my right shoulder only a few feet from her left shoulder). She then turned toward me. I was waiting for her to ask me a question, say hello, whatever. Instead, her eyes rolled back into her head and she began to speak in a language that I have never heard before. It sounded like jibberish to me but very dark. She spoke this way for 30 seconds or so then her eyes focussed again. She shook for a second as thought she was snapping out of something. Then she turned and left as if nothing happened. As she walked away, I turned back to my father-in-law and his cousin. They stood with their jaws on the ground. All that came to my mind was, "Thank God that I am protected by the Blood of Jesus." So that is what I said.
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.'" "He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
Since we believe and confess the Lord Jesus, his Holy Spirit inhabits us. We carry His presence throughout the earth and are the front lines of the battle of Good vs. evil. We have to learn to engage in the battle, trust in the power of the Almighty that lives within us, and act in faith to reveal the King to this dying world. We must bring the Kingdom of Heaven near to people.
There are more stories that I have to share about my experiences with our wonderful God. In the interest of not letting this blog get to long, I will tell more stories in "The Kingdom of Heaven is Near to You Part 2".
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that Ido shall he do also; and greater worksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
I want to take this opportunity to share some of the times when the Almighty, the great I AM landed on the Glory platform that I built by faith on He that is in me.
The Raven
Years ago as I was just beginning to understand that God speaks and that He uses us to reach people, I had a co-worker and fellow believer that would share things that were going on in her life. Her sister was involved with Indian mystecism. She had grown her hair out long. She changed her name to an Indian name. She move away from family and friends. She cut off all communication with her family for over 2 years. She was deeply pursuing the supernatural through the WRONG path. We all have a deep desire for things that are supernatural. God created us in His image. We long to "walk" with God all of our lives, but we try to fill that void with other things and pursue the supernatural aspect of God by the wrong means. I was learning that God desires for us to reveal knowledge about Him to this world. This is called the prophetic. The apostle Paul encourages us to desire the spiritual gift of prophecy over all others.
1 Corinthians 14:1
Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives--especially the ability to prophesy.Believing this scripture, I asked God to give me some words to say to my friend about her sister that was involved in Indian mystecism. I sat with pen and paper and began to write any thoughts that came into my head. Here is what crossed my mind...
"Beware of the raven and his evil eye. He stalks you in the night."
I had no idea what I had just written but in faith, I shared this with my friend. Without my knowledge, my friend called her sister and read the message on her answering machine. She let her know that people where praying for her and the she wanted so desperately to talk with her again. He sister called her back that day, after two years of silence! Praise God! My friends sister shared with her that she called because of the prophetic word that was left on her answering machine. She shared that the Raven was a central god in Indian mystecism (Native American). Additionally, the "evil eye" is well know in paganism. It means to intentionally cause harm through means of witchcraft. Neither I nor my friend knew any of this at the time I wrote down those thoughts and she left that phone message. Taking the knowledge that we just learned the phone message meant this:
"Beware of the god of the Native Americans that you've been messing with. He is seeking to cause you harm through means of witchcraft!"
That word that was given to me by the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ who is in me broke my friend's sister out of Indian mystecism. To God be the Glory!
Curse of No Effect
We are protected by the God of Peace who is within us. His presence shields us from harm in ways that we probably mis everyday. Here is one example of how he protected me and let me know it.
I was standing on the sidewalk in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan with my father-in-law and his cousin. We were talking outside of some stores where are wives were shopping. During part of our discussion, I saw a woman, way off in the distance coming toward us. She was carrying multiple shopping bags. She was dressed in a long blouse and skirt and she had one of those Jamaican, "Bob Marley" style hats on. Nothing about her seemed unusual to me at all. So we continued with our conversation and she faded from my sight. I did not notice her again until she was only a few feet from us. As she approached, she walked passed my father-in-law, then his cousin and then as she came near to me, she stopped. We were standing shoulder to shoulder (my right shoulder only a few feet from her left shoulder). She then turned toward me. I was waiting for her to ask me a question, say hello, whatever. Instead, her eyes rolled back into her head and she began to speak in a language that I have never heard before. It sounded like jibberish to me but very dark. She spoke this way for 30 seconds or so then her eyes focussed again. She shook for a second as thought she was snapping out of something. Then she turned and left as if nothing happened. As she walked away, I turned back to my father-in-law and his cousin. They stood with their jaws on the ground. All that came to my mind was, "Thank God that I am protected by the Blood of Jesus." So that is what I said.
Psalm 91: 1-4
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.'" "He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
Since we believe and confess the Lord Jesus, his Holy Spirit inhabits us. We carry His presence throughout the earth and are the front lines of the battle of Good vs. evil. We have to learn to engage in the battle, trust in the power of the Almighty that lives within us, and act in faith to reveal the King to this dying world. We must bring the Kingdom of Heaven near to people.
There are more stories that I have to share about my experiences with our wonderful God. In the interest of not letting this blog get to long, I will tell more stories in "The Kingdom of Heaven is Near to You Part 2".
Comments
Post a Comment