The Challenge of Andres
So, God has led me to this point:
Last year a man named Andres Spyker came to speak at my church. He was preaching about how God chooses to use us to reveal himself to the world. We are called to spread the good news of his kingdom. Not only that but to reveal his power. 1Cr 4:20 NLT - For the Kingdom of God is not just fancy talk; it is living by God's power. Andres set out a challenge that stuck with me. He challenged us to pray for everyone that we saw had a physical need. That ment everywhere, in the grocery store, at the bank, at work, at the mall, at the movies, anywhere. We can't just come to church and be with God and then not participate in the advancing of His kingdom. We must do the work of God. Jam 1:22 NKJV - But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
The challenge sunk deep into my heart and with fear at my every side, I took to the world ready to talk about Jesus and heal the sick.
After hearing that message from Andres, I went directly to Walmart to for some errands. I didn't have to take two steps into Walmart before I ran into someone that had a physical need. I rounded the corner and came face to face with a woman in a full neck and back brace. What happened next? I walked right passed her. Fear got the best of me and I didn't let the Kingdom out. But I had to go back and find her. I didn't want to blow the mission on the 1st opportunity that I got. As "luck" would have it, I got in line to pay for my things and the woman in the neck and back brace was directly in front of me. Not a coincidence. So I asked the woman if she needed some help. She said no so I asked what happened to her that she needed that brace. I don't remember what she said the cause was but I asked if I could pray for her. She gave me the wierdest look and the literally turned her back on me. It was disasterous. What now? I missed opportunity upon opportunity over the next few days. Then I'd regain some ground for a few days and pray for 4 or 5 people in a day. I never did see any physical healing, so I got a bit confused and just kinda fell out of praying for people. About a year went by and then I watched a video that renewed the Challenge of Andres in my life again. The video was of Todd White and it was entitled Healing in the Streets. You can find it on Youtube.
- I have been given a gift of the Holy Spirit.
- That same spirit is the spirit that raised Christ from the dead and he lives within me.
- God said, The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
- As the Father sent me, so I send you.
Last year a man named Andres Spyker came to speak at my church. He was preaching about how God chooses to use us to reveal himself to the world. We are called to spread the good news of his kingdom. Not only that but to reveal his power. 1Cr 4:20 NLT - For the Kingdom of God is not just fancy talk; it is living by God's power. Andres set out a challenge that stuck with me. He challenged us to pray for everyone that we saw had a physical need. That ment everywhere, in the grocery store, at the bank, at work, at the mall, at the movies, anywhere. We can't just come to church and be with God and then not participate in the advancing of His kingdom. We must do the work of God. Jam 1:22 NKJV - But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
The challenge sunk deep into my heart and with fear at my every side, I took to the world ready to talk about Jesus and heal the sick.
After hearing that message from Andres, I went directly to Walmart to for some errands. I didn't have to take two steps into Walmart before I ran into someone that had a physical need. I rounded the corner and came face to face with a woman in a full neck and back brace. What happened next? I walked right passed her. Fear got the best of me and I didn't let the Kingdom out. But I had to go back and find her. I didn't want to blow the mission on the 1st opportunity that I got. As "luck" would have it, I got in line to pay for my things and the woman in the neck and back brace was directly in front of me. Not a coincidence. So I asked the woman if she needed some help. She said no so I asked what happened to her that she needed that brace. I don't remember what she said the cause was but I asked if I could pray for her. She gave me the wierdest look and the literally turned her back on me. It was disasterous. What now? I missed opportunity upon opportunity over the next few days. Then I'd regain some ground for a few days and pray for 4 or 5 people in a day. I never did see any physical healing, so I got a bit confused and just kinda fell out of praying for people. About a year went by and then I watched a video that renewed the Challenge of Andres in my life again. The video was of Todd White and it was entitled Healing in the Streets. You can find it on Youtube.
Comments
Post a Comment