Fire - In the Palm of My Hand

Something about the life that Todd White is living hit me hard.  I saw someone who lived the way that I was thinking, with reckless abandon for God and His Kingdom.  I know that Jesus was calling me to believe that He does heal people.  I know that He was asking me, will you lay it all down for me?  Something in me was sure.  Greater things than these.

On Thanksgiving of 2010, I had one of those conversations that people write about with my Dad.  After I put the kids to bed, I got out my journal and explained to him my wrestling match with God.  Unlearn what you have learned and follow what He is saying in the Bible.  Read and the Holy Spirit will reveal the true meaning.  I was longing for God to change my heart and allow me to believe His truth.  My Dad read every page of my journal.  No one but my wife had been in those pages.  These were my inner most thoughts.  And so we talked for hours.  It was awesome!  I'll always remember that night.  There was no revelation that night, just a back and forth about the things of God.  About 2 weeks went by and then...GOD SHOWED UP!

I was at work, alone at my desk, but I was restless.  I just wanted to get out.  So I picked up and moved to R&D (another building on the property).  There was no reason why I went there.  I could have done my work right from my desk, but a divine appointment had been made.

As I sat there typing away at the plans for 2011, I saw several different people.  Their conversations just faded into the background as my thoughts surrounded the coming year.  Then I heard two women talking.  One of them I knew well, Sue, and the other I only knew by her face.  Sue was talking with her friend and I heard them discussing Sue's thumb.  Sue had so much pain in her thumb that inhibited the use of her right hand occassionally.  She explained that the doctor's didn't know what it was, but ibuprofen seemed to work.  After all there are so many more people that are worse off than her.  It wasn't so bad, Sue said to her friend.

The 1st thing that came to my mind was I want to pray for her.  No was my chance.  Everything that I had been wrestling with God about was alive in that moment.  Don't let her walk away.  Fear started to creep up on me but I wanted to pray for her.  I knew that I'd regret it if I would have let her leave the room.  So just before she walked out of sight I called to her, Sue!  No stopping now, so was coming over to talk.

She got right into conversation about work and I waited for an opening.  I was half listening to what she was saying and the other half was searching for a way to turn the conversation toward Jesus.  About 5 minutes went by and there was no openning.  So, I blurted out, in the middle of her story, what is the matter with your thumb?  I admitted to her that I heard her talking to her friend about it so she showed me and told me her story.

My mind shifted to what words I could say when I asked if I could pray for her.  Just as I began to think about praying for her something happened.  My right hand became white hot.  It was hot enough that it made me uncomfortable, almost as if I were holding my hand over a candle.  Now I had felt this before but never at the moment when I had opportunity to pray for someone.  So I became confident that Jesus was near and wanted me to pray for Sue.

I explained to Sue what was going on and asked if I could pray for healing in her thumb.  She said sure.  So I placed my hand on her thumb and she responded, Oh my gosh!  I can feel the heat.  I prayed in the name of Jesus for total restoration in her thumb.  We both looked at eachother dumbfounded.

Sue is a scientist so she wanted to make an observation.  She said give me your other hand.  It was ice cold.  That's unusual.  I asked her to move her thumb and check for pain.  She said, wow it actually feels better.  Boldness overcame me, Spiritual Boldness and I asked her how much better is it?  Is it 100% better?  She said no, maybe 50%.  So I took her thumb again and prayed in the Name of Jesus for total healing.  Again she said wow.  Then she also started to get teary-eyed.

The words echoed in my mind, heal the sick and preach the Kingdom.  Healing had just happened so then I began to share with Sue how much Jesus loved her and that he knows so much about her.  I explained how special she was in his eyes.  It was a spectacular moment.

Days went by and word trickled back to me at work about how Sue was telling everyone what had happened to her.  Two days later, she stopped taking her medication and to this day she has full use of her thumb! 

It is true.  Jesus left Heaven, won back right relationship for us, and then sent the Holy Spirit to dwell within us so that He could accomplish His will on Earth through us!  We serve an AWESOME God that He would allow us to participate in His activity.

Praise the Father and the Son and the Spirit in one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mighty Men

Redemption